Saturday, October 29, 2011

Internship - Week 2 (24/10/11 - 30/10/11)


I received my on-job training (OJT). My colleagues taught me many things about the operations of the attraction.
These include:
- The layout of the building
- How to operate the consoles
- The different operational positions

There was also a 208-pages set of working instructions to read up on.
It includes:
- Storyline of the attraction
- Facts about the ride
- Scenes of the ride
- Operational positions
- Operational instructions and codes
- Evacuation procedures

I had to take a test, in which the questions are based on the working instructions. Although it is not easy to get a perfect score, my colleague explained my mistakes to me and allowed me to redo the test. After signing off (passing the test), I am allowed to go solo at the operational positions. It was manageable for me because I was already taught on what to do. As the week goes on, I got the hang of it and enjoyed my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment