Sunday, November 6, 2011

Internship - Week 3 (31/10/11 - 6/11/11)

Rotational duties are performed, in order to ensure every team member gets to rest.

Some of the duties include:
- Loader
- Load console operator
- Unload console operator
- Unloader
- Fence Guard
- Breaker

When work starts, everyone will be given a position to start off.

For example, I will start as Loader. When the supposed Breaker comes to my position, I will move on to Load console, then to Unload console, and so on. When I reach the Breaker position, I will report to Control Room that I am starting my break. 15 minutes later, I will report to Control Room that I am ending my break. Thereafter, I will return to the Loader position and the rotation carries on.

When there are more than enough team members for rotation, an additional Breaker position will be inserted after Load console operator. This means that there will be two Breakers, thus allowing more time for rest.

For 1-hour meal breaks, some positions may be taken off to make up for the lack of people. We will go in groups of 2 or more. When the break ends, we will return to position so that the remaining people can go for their meal breaks.

Although the operational duties are routine, I was able to understand each job scope better. It allows me to learn better by actually doing it again and again. By familiarising with each position, mistakes can be minimised, and eventually prevented, when the ride is open to public.

No comments:

Post a Comment