Monday, January 30, 2012

Internship - Week 16 (30/1/12 - 3/2/12)

During my Internship in USS, I have learnt many new things.

I have learnt that work life can be fun and interesting. As a job that involves a great deal of guest interaction, I have learnt to handle guest issues in different situations. Although there may be difficult guests at times, learning to deal with them is something that this Internship placement has taught me. Instead of getting angry and raising my voice, there are times when I have to be very patient and explain clearly to the guests.

I have also learnt the importance of teamwork. With all team members working in the same environment, it is important to assist one another in getting the job done. When a team member is facing a difficult situation, it will be helpful for a fellow team member to offer his/her help. It helps to minimise the delay caused by the interruption.

Communication also plays an important part. Effective communication among team members will minimise any possible conflict that may arise. It also improves the relationship among the team members. If there is any discrepancy in communication, problems may occur and the job will not be done well. It will also affect the experience of the guests at the attraction.



16 weeks is not a short period but time has passed really fast. It feels like I have just started my Internship not long ago and I am ending it now. During these 16 weeks, I have gained a different perspective of how working life is like. I have made many new friends and met different types of people. Although the job nature has little relevance to my course of study, it has changed the way I look at difficult situations and how I handle them.

No comments:

Post a Comment