Saturday, November 19, 2011

Internship - Week 5 (14/11/11 - 20/11/11)

As Team Member Preview and Soft Opening of the attraction is nearing, it was busy during the start of the week. Everything has to be prepared thoroughly so as to ensure the events will run smoothly.



Team Member Preview - Day 1 (16/11/11)
It was the first time I get to interact with guests who were coming to take the ride. I was excited since the start of the day and hoping that everything will go right. When guests started coming in, I was happy to see them. After 1 month of cycling the ride vehicles without guests and conducting tests, I finally get to experience something new. As there were many new rotational positions, everyone were split into groups. My group consisted of the following positions:

- Greet and welcome guests at entrance of attraction
- Operate load console
- Unload guests from ride vehicles
- Handle 3D glasses
- Breaker

The guests were all fellow team members who are working in RWS, so they were co-operative and enthusiastic. It was such a busy day that I willingly sacrificed my break time to help out with the operations. The 3D glasses had to be constantly replenished throughout the event and used ones had to be collected and washed before replenishing. Hence, that role required a lot of time and effort. Although I was supposed to end my shift at 10pm, I extended for another hour so that there were enough manpower.


Team Member Preview - Day 2 (17/11/11)
Before the event started, I helped out with washing all the 3D glasses and replenishing them. I also cleaned the railings at the exterior queue areas and checked around the interior queue areas for defects. I was arranged into the same group, thus I was familiar with the positions I had to take up. The day was not as tiring because I already got used to it the previous day.



Through this event, I got a chance to experience many new things that I have never encountered before. I learned to interact with guests, smiling and showing my enthusiasm while ensuring they enjoyed the ride. I learned to use the walkie-talkie to communicate with my fellow team members. I learned to be alert of the hand signs given by my fellow team members and operating the console in a safe manner. I learned to voice out louder and giving clear instructions so that the guests would not feel lost or confused. I learned to operate the washing machine for washing the 3D glasses in just 5 minutes, because there was not much time for my team leader to teach me. I learned to work fast to ensure everything went smoothly, such as collecting the used 3D glasses from the bags at the unload station, stacking them into trays, putting them into the washing machine to wash and replenishing the collection booths so that there were sufficient for the guests.

Most importantly, I learned the importance of teamwork. We have to constantly look out for one another, helping one another out so that mistakes can be minimised and prevented. Even though the breaker gets a 15 minutes break, it is important to not delay in the rotation of positions so that everyone gets sufficient rest and not tire out easily. Teamwork is essential to ensure the smooth operations of the event and provide an enjoyable and memorable experience for the guests. This is the time I can confidently say, I love my Internship :)

No comments:

Post a Comment